Help Us Transform This Campus!
The goal of the HKUST Sustainable Smart Campus as a Living Lab is to transform our campus into one where the campus itself is a platform for learning, experimenting, and showcasing new ideas and approaches.
Everyone is encouraged to participate! HKUST Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are all eligible to apply for funding and implement an on-campus project.
If you have a project idea that can demonstrate a smart approach to making our campus more sustainable, form a team and submit a proposal. Make sure the projects include the following:
- Project Champions - Projects must have at least one champion who is a full time staff or faculty serving as the project team leader and point of contact.
- Stage of development - Projects must already be sufficiently developed and ready to be implemented on campus.
- Visibility and Educational Potential - Projects must demonstrate an ability to provide a visible educational or learning outcome for the HKUST community.
- Sustainable and Smart - Projects must demonstrate that they can satisfy our definitions of being sustainable (improving the conditions by which humans can thrive over time within planetary boundaries) and smart (use of ICT tools, technologies, and behavioural insights to communicate, connect, share information to build a vibrant community).
- Value for money - Projects will be evaluated on certain value for money metrics, such as life-cycle costs and benefits and impact to our community.
The deadline for the next round of proposals is Friday 22 March 2019 (World Water Day). Selected projects will then be invited to present in a public “Pitch Day” forum by end of the spring semester.